Sunday, February 18, 2018

Seedbed of dreams




Two nights ago I saw a moon like a half-filled chalice, cupping silver light poured by an invisible sun. 

I drank from that cup. As the moonlight slid down my throat, how I wished that radiance would water the ground of my being. Stir long-forgotten seeds to life. Show me whether I have fallen by the wayside, or if this path is true. 

Have you an inner wisdom, and what does she look like? Do you speak to her often, ask her questions nearest your secret heart? And does she answer in words you understand? 

Maybe she speaks in mind pictures, like animals glimpsed in the darkness on the side of the road you're traveling. Maybe in the sound of wind rushing past your face, or the jeweled dragonfly who lands on your hand, blessing you with its clawed feet?

Mine speaks like the young-old moon: a grandmother, a sister, a mother and a daughter. 

Her voice is like a silver-linked bracelet hanging with stars, and like a deep, damp seedbed of earth. 

She is within and without, which is a mystery. 

As moon without, she knits with long silver needles a waterfall of light between herself and the earth, her beloved; most beautiful of all the sky's children. She spills her light over me, which falls down my face like tears. 

As moon within, she whispers like rain. She stirs her cauldron of dreams, and waits for me to remember what I always forget: That I am she. 








5 comments:

  1. Oh~how~beautiful...

    Happy sigh...

    Thank you...

    Tonight, when I look for the waxing moon, I will think of your lovely mind picture.... "...I saw a moon like a half-filled chalice, cupping silver light poured by an invisible sun."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I think she is far lovelier than words can tell, but I do try.

      Delete
  2. This is so beautifully envisioned and expressed.<3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this. Lady Moon is my muse, and this is so beautifully written!

    ReplyDelete